Thursday, February 23, 2012

PARTY ROCK IS ON THE BOAT TONIGHTTTTT

I have always dreamed of being able to have a spectacular view of the Sydney Harbour bridge and the Opera House..

Last night it came true! The University hosted a Welcome Cruise for study abroad students on this amazing boat out on the harbour. It was a party rock theme (from LMFAO) so everyone was dressed up in these crazy neon and LMFAO inspired outfits. I didn't bring a lot of neon clothes with me for some crazy reason (lol) but it was so cool to see everyone go all out.

Me, Mariel, Veronica, and Shawna


The cruise was about 3 hours and that was actually my first time going into the city... and let me say that I am so thankful I met this one girl Mariel because she guided me and some other friends through the train and subway system to Sydney and back. Definitely going to need to learn those routes asap! Honestly though, no words can describe the feeling I had when I stepped onto the boardwalk with the opera house right in front of me. I mean, it's SO GORGEOUS. And I'm telling everyone who reads this to mark SYDNEY HARBOUR CRUISE on their bucket list because its absolutely breathtaking. I really can't wait to go back!
AMAZING

In the meantime, there's a "Tight and Bright" party in the village tonight that I'm going to with some friends. Then classes start Monday and I have no idea where any of my classes are, so Sunday I'm planning to give myself a little tour of campus and plan out a few routes. How exciting!

I also finally got a phone set up AND bought a new camera, which is from Australia obvs so it has Australian prongs which means I'll have to buy another adapter for that before I leave to go home. Btw... Australia is NOT CHEAP by no means. Wanna know why? Maybe its because the locals make $20 an hour minimum wage!! So on that note I need to make a budget plan for myself at some point soon so I can do everything I wanna do anddddd still have money left to use. We'll see how that goes..

Beach tomorrow I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment